Skip to main content

Does Christian Should Be Elastic?

Source: Unsplash

I've got an interesting something. Someone said, "You are a Christian living in the largest Muslim country in the world, so you should know any Muslim words, like Assalamu'alikum, Allahu Akbar, etc, and even attend a mosque. Because sedikit orang Kristen/ a bit of Christian.". Well, I was educated to be tolerant and value freedom of religion. I think Christians should know the situation. I'm a Christian who knows all religions and attended practice worship places, like a mosque, temple, Mary's cave, and other holy places. I met a monk and have a Buddhist book-- reading that book, the whole, I did and prayed as Buddhists do. And even, deeply learned about local religions that are found in Indonesia. I went to my favorite island, Bali. I love Bali so much because the Balinese know English well and the nature tourist is beautiful and has super nature views. I met my Hinduism friends, went to a Hinduism temple, and loved seeing Hinduism people pray walking in the early morning. I also have friends who do not believe in God and religious practices-- what you are familiar with atheist and agnostic. Fun fact, I spent hanging out with LDS (Latter-day Saints) and JW (Jehovah's Witnesses) friends, reading their holy book. I love them and still am okay, I'm still Christian. No problem either. No hate and just give love. I treat them with compassion.

I treat them as I love as He has loved you (John 15: 12) and avoid the debate as I will not come if there is a debate and I only come to love and learn new things. I've heard someone says, "Christians should be elastic, know the situation, and love each other who isn't a Christian." I pretty much agree with this statement. I have said any Muslim words and fasted as Muslims do, but I'm still okay and still believe in Jesus Christ. Say Buddhist words, and still believe in Jesus Christ. Christians in the Middle East who are Arabic natives and praise Him in Arabic. They also say "Allah" since this is a language, not Muslim own it. So, that's simple. I know someone wants me to debate, but I usually say no because I believe in Jesus Christ so why should I debate? I believe all religions are good and even unbelievers are good too. I believe in Jesus Christ since I have learned about all religions and accepted Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior. 

Christians have experienced suffering and persecution, so we know the situation and we must respect the situation to avoid chaos. We just want to get peace and love. Matthew 5: 39 is a strong statement about loving the enemies who persecute you. Jesus taught me to love enemies and not be allowed to resist evil but to love those who persecute me. We love you, whatever you treat us. 

In addition, being a Christian isn't easy and will be tough because we as Christians will be hatred due to our faith, but we are proud to be a follower of Christ and take up the cross to follow Jesus Christ in Matthew 16: 24. We just need to love them and respect the situation. Importantly, we definitely pray for going good situations because we truly believe praying is powerful. It's about how truly faithful we are. 

Love, rejoicing, faithfulness, forgiveness, and gentleness, we are pointed out every we meet with anyone who does not know who Jesus Christ is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Idea of Feminism In the Church

A veiled woman lighting up a candle in the Orthodox Church, source: Adobe Stock Roman Catholic Pope Francis appeared a 60-minute on CBS's live-streaming interview with a female reporter, Norah O'Donnell. She was curious in a question towards on him,  " I'm curious, for a little girl growing up Catholic today, will she ever have the opportunity to be a deacon and participate as a clergy member in the church ?" Pope Francis simply, saying, " No ." O'Donnell seemed to trying to push on him about her idea of the progressive and reformation in the Catholic Church. But, thanks God, Pope was strong defending his faith.  This is a 60-minute interview has opened that in fact the pressure of the church reformation has been increasingly happening today. We heard that some churches trying to allow its LGBTQ movement within church life, like the Unitarian church. And, I think some churches have accepted the female ordination, but usually it is Protestant church b

Women, Modesty, and Veiling

(Veiling of women in different era, source: Diaqnoz.Az) " I am Orthodox and I do not agree with veiling " on a comment that recorded on Instagram while posting a reel of female Orthodox veiled at a church and monastery.  I am Orthodox and I do agree with veiling . So, why? The first place, that people may think that we are "sexist" or "pervert" as controlling on female clothing appearances. That's possible because we live in a modern era which is the female rights are more honourable and important in its society. Many girls are independent raised well and having same chances of working at secularism typically careers. But, as Orthodox Christians, who we know that we are about 2.000 years living to equip our Christ looks like in the modern era, which that has been fallen down, especially rising up feminist's movement. The feminism is mainly different from what women have fought for equality gender as surely their aim is to dominate and create the &q

The Pascha, Life Bond, and SO SPECIAL! Orthodox Christianity!

Holy Fire in Jerusalem We typically celebrate the Easter - however that the Orthodox people generally saying that's Pascha - but I felt like that was so special that I celebrated the Pascha in a different Christianity tradition which was unfamiliar to myself, being to live in the country who well-known about Western Christianity. We celebrate the Pascha on a different calendar, it is Julian Calendar so many people wonder that why we are being late celebrate the Pascha and even the Christmas, a week late (between 12-13 days on Julian and Gregorian calendars) from the Western Christians. But, in certain times in history, we celebrate on the same date like 2017 we celebrate the Pascha together with Roman Catholics and it will be happening next year! The Eastern Orthodox is the holy and first church to just celebrated a blessed holy week in last week! Unfortunately, I was unlucky in that schedule as I had a five-day training during the holy week schedule, that caused I had to miss mult