Skip to main content

How Can Be Non-Denominational Christianity?

Source: Unsplash

"I'm a non-denominational Christian and I don't have any affiliated denominations. I can attend the service week to week in different churches and regularly praise God and listen to the sermon." on Instagram story.

Non-denominational churches believe that the Bible is the sole authority that dictates every aspect of the church, with scripture shaping their beliefs and philosophies, according to Christian Ministry EDU. Talking about non-denominational Christianity, that's such an interesting to discuss. Therefore, I'm going to try to make a clarification about the misconception of being a non-denominational Christian. 

I'm a church explorer since, but I regularly attend a charismatic church that believes in the strength of the Holy Spirit doctrine and Pentecostal theology, like tongues, Spirit language, the church where I serve and it's been all year round with that church. The church is called, the Assemblies of God Church (AoG church). The church is good for my faith growth and have good friends, good pastors, good staff, a good family, and a good place. The church is always put on the Bible-based at every event. I like that church so much. But, why am I declaring a non-denominational Christian? That's definitely a great question, right?

I do believe in the Holy Spirit doctrine and always hear my friends' testimonies about the experience of the Holy Spirit. But, I've been spent learning theology and Biblical studies, and I think I should be neutral instead of witnessing a false statement that disbelieves and is against my feeling. I appreciate my friends who recognize that they have experienced the Holy Spirit. That's good. Everyone needs to experience God's love, not just experiencing the Holy Spirit. My theology is sort of complex and always put Bible-based as the sole authority of the church traditions and beliefs, which is strong theology and originally Christianity.   

Then, I come to another church where I got an invitation and have friends there. I hear that they seem still question the Holy Spirit and some church teachings that are against themselves, but they still believe in Jesus. I appreciate them as well because it seemed good to me who loves being open-minded and is an open book. I know where is someplace that shouldn't I go to. I do hear that there is hate because of the decision to move to a church. That's not supposed to happen but unfortunately, it has happened to every church. 

The misconception of being a non-denominational Christian is clear, that those states about the church are where real in teachings, beliefs, and theology. I don't interested if someone talking, about "going to hell!", that is judgmental which is banned in the Bible. I don't want to hear someone asking, "Have you accepted the Holy Spirit? Tell me the story." If that question, I would be confused about how can I respond and how can I share the story. I also don't want to hear, "We are Baptist, we cannot read books about Satan, that is sinful."The church becomes full of judgmental. The church is supposed to encouragesupportpray, and respect each other. 

What is Jesus taught us?

Open communication, the thing is matter to all churches. Open communication leads you to understand the situation and how the feeling is. I meet pastors, clients, and friends at church and home, and I always discuss with them. I openly communicate because I want to know more about it and want to share what my thoughts are. Open communication is very necessary-most needed-in the church. Open communication also includes private communication based on Matthew 18: 15, go and talk with your brother privately and alone

Jesus charged a Deaf man who was healed to talk and hear, not going to tell people in Mark 7: 36-37, despite a Deaf man remained to tell people. It showed how humble Jesus was. What I think is how could I be humble in becoming a Christian who shares the righteneouses. If I think it's false and is against my feeling, I won't share. Instead of sharing whether it is true or false, prayer is better than anything. 

Bible is the authority because of the Word.

The Word of God is clear and the sole authority. I don't want to hear the debate that claimed, "This is Biblical", or, "That is against the Bible". Becoming a non-denominational Christian allows me to check carefully about the sermons and church events or traditions that what is against or is actually true in the Bible. I don't like the uniformity in thoughts and beliefs, that those believe in the thing. I value people who have beliefs and pray for them to get closer to Jesus in anyways that possibly they are doing. 

I believe that someone watching horror movies is against the Bible, but I would let my kids watch horror movies if they are responsible and know what they do when they are maturing. Even, they can celebrate Halloween, which is unbiblical, except if they are responsible. Even though I'm a conservative Christian, definitely, I won't be going to let my kids get trapped in the wrong path that teaches them to step away from Jesus and only want my kids to get to know more about Jesus. God is the Word and Bible is the Authority. That's clear. 

Nah, becoming a non-denominational Christian is someone who only follows the sole authority, which is the Bible, this is the word of God, regardless, of what are beliefs, theology, and teachings. We can attend the service at different churches, at least they still believe Jesus is the Son, Father, and the Holy Spirit. However, we have one purpose is get closer to Jesus, the only way, Savior, and Lord.

So, I am a non-denominational Christian. And, I am also a conservative Christian. I only believe in the Bible is the sole authority and do not restrict to any particular or specific denominations. I'm neutral because I believe that we are Christians who believe in Jesus, simply. 

Still, no matter what is your denomination, you are Christian. You are blessed to be a follower of Christ. So, blessings! I'm happy that you believe in Jesus. That's important. 

So, God bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Idea of Feminism In the Church

A veiled woman lighting up a candle in the Orthodox Church, source: Adobe Stock Roman Catholic Pope Francis appeared a 60-minute on CBS's live-streaming interview with a female reporter, Norah O'Donnell. She was curious in a question towards on him,  " I'm curious, for a little girl growing up Catholic today, will she ever have the opportunity to be a deacon and participate as a clergy member in the church ?" Pope Francis simply, saying, " No ." O'Donnell seemed to trying to push on him about her idea of the progressive and reformation in the Catholic Church. But, thanks God, Pope was strong defending his faith.  This is a 60-minute interview has opened that in fact the pressure of the church reformation has been increasingly happening today. We heard that some churches trying to allow its LGBTQ movement within church life, like the Unitarian church. And, I think some churches have accepted the female ordination, but usually it is Protestant church b

Women, Modesty, and Veiling

(Veiling of women in different era, source: Diaqnoz.Az) " I am Orthodox and I do not agree with veiling " on a comment that recorded on Instagram while posting a reel of female Orthodox veiled at a church and monastery.  I am Orthodox and I do agree with veiling . So, why? The first place, that people may think that we are "sexist" or "pervert" as controlling on female clothing appearances. That's possible because we live in a modern era which is the female rights are more honourable and important in its society. Many girls are independent raised well and having same chances of working at secularism typically careers. But, as Orthodox Christians, who we know that we are about 2.000 years living to equip our Christ looks like in the modern era, which that has been fallen down, especially rising up feminist's movement. The feminism is mainly different from what women have fought for equality gender as surely their aim is to dominate and create the &q

The Pascha, Life Bond, and SO SPECIAL! Orthodox Christianity!

Holy Fire in Jerusalem We typically celebrate the Easter - however that the Orthodox people generally saying that's Pascha - but I felt like that was so special that I celebrated the Pascha in a different Christianity tradition which was unfamiliar to myself, being to live in the country who well-known about Western Christianity. We celebrate the Pascha on a different calendar, it is Julian Calendar so many people wonder that why we are being late celebrate the Pascha and even the Christmas, a week late (between 12-13 days on Julian and Gregorian calendars) from the Western Christians. But, in certain times in history, we celebrate on the same date like 2017 we celebrate the Pascha together with Roman Catholics and it will be happening next year! The Eastern Orthodox is the holy and first church to just celebrated a blessed holy week in last week! Unfortunately, I was unlucky in that schedule as I had a five-day training during the holy week schedule, that caused I had to miss mult